Internal Medicine Jobs in Missouri
Wednesday · September 20, 2017
1 Job in The Ozark State
Photo: Saint Louis Arch behind Busch Stadium.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Poplar Bluff) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year with no limit on accumulation - unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification is required.
- Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided.
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement + 1 week paid authorized absence to attend (subject to budget availability).
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay.
- A recruitment incentive may be offered to highly qualified candidates.
- For calendar year 2015, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- Work Schedule: 1st Shift - 8am - 4:30pm.
- This initiative supports VHA's Universal Health Care Services Plan to redesign VHA healthcare delivery through increasing access, coordination, communication, and continuity of care.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- Physicians will provide primary care in the outpatient clinic for a panel of adult and geriatric Veterans who have a wide spectrum of diagnoses.
- The John J. Pershing VA Medical Center in Southeast Missouri (Poplar Bluff, MO) is currently seeking a f ull-time BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician for a staff primary care physician to join Primary Care Service.
- Sign-ON Bonus Available!
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- Annual Salary: $180K - $225K + annual performance bonus up to additional $15K + full benefits below.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Poplar Bluff, MO.
- How is the pension funded?
- Physicians practice at the Poplar Bluff and provide tele-primary care as needed.
- Positions function in a primary care setting, working with other physicians, physician extenders, nurses and/or other support staff supporting the VA's Patient Aligned Care Team (Pact) model.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- VA employees automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any United States State is permissible to work at this facility.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- This includes working in the outlining Community Based Outpatient Clinics (Cbocs).
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- Pact provides accessible, coordinated, comprehensive, patient-centered care, and is managed by primary care providers with the active involvement of other clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits ( pension ).
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability).
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- Disability Retirement.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago