Internal Medicine Jobs in Missouri
Monday · April 23, 2018
1 Job in The Ozark State
Photo: Saint Louis Arch behind Busch Stadium.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Topeka) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Preferred Experience: Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- With over 1,700 employees and an annual operating budget in excess of $250,000,000 the Vaekhcs proudly serves over 36,000 veterans with 2 VA Medical Centers in Leavenworth and Topeka and 9 regional Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
- With a newly revitalized downtown urban core, & explosive suburban growth, not to mention college town sand historic main streets, your weekends will fill up quickly.
- PCS (moving expenses) may be authorized for highly qualified individuals.
- The Topeka VA is an easy 30 minute commute to Lawrence, KS, home of The University of Kansas with a dynamic college town atmosphere.
- We are a 1c facility with multispecialty inpatient, community living center, and domiciliary.
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses.
- Bright and energetic young professionals find a community ready to welcome their talents and involvement.
- We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can.
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Internal or Family Medicine is preferred.
- Board Eligibility in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year.
- The arts are alive and well in Topeka with over 20 galleries, myriad performing and visual artists show casing their work during First Friday Art Walk events, to the Noto Arts District that offers studio space and display opportunities in a collaborative environment.
- The Colmery-O'Neil VA Medical Center is part of the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System (Vaekhcs) and is located in Topeka, KS.
- The employee shall participate in activities of the Vamc that are designed to meet the requirements of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (The Joint Commission) and other regulatory agencies as they apply to the position.
- Veteran population in these counties totals over 104,000.
- Topeka boasts quality schools, friendly people, good hospitals, a university and -- one of its biggest selling points -- low housing costs.
- Today, we proudly serve our nation's veterans with excellent health care as part of the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System (Vaekhcs).
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Topeka, KS.
- Health Insurance.
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave.
- You will contribute to the achievement of quality care standards, write orders for diagnostic testing, prescribe medications, consult with specialty services and utilize computerized/electronic medical records.
- Museums and local art galleries, ballet and opera, Broadway shows, contemporary and classic art - you'll find a sophisticated and metropolitan environment in Kansas City.
- Food, museums, movies, clubs-every type of entertainment.
- Barbeque-something KC does better than the rest.
- The Capital District Project to revitalize downtown is more than just a fresh face on buildings and infrastructure.
- With over 30,000 people working in the downtown area daily, there's opportunity for new businesses, retail, restaurants, events and so much more!
- It's an attitude that downtown is the place to be for events, parades, gatherings, meals and living.
- Vaekhcs's primary service area consists of 39 counties in Kansas and Missouri.
- Kansas City, with its big city amenities, is also readily accessible.
- Something fun or interesting is always happening in Topeka.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Clinical duties include providing primary care medical services in outpatient clinics.
- Duties also may include the supervision and training of additional clinical staff and responsibilities may include supervision of a mid-level provider.
- After all, KC is ranked a "Best BBQ City" in America 2012, according to Food& Wine Magazine.
- Just last year, Kiplinger Finance Magazine designated Topeka one of the top ten cities for the next decade.
- There's new energy and a new outlook in Topeka!
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Recruitment/Relocation incentives may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- Dental & Vision.
- Enjoy some BBQ.
- Night or day, Topeka's got it all!
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- Social Security benefits.
- Term life insurance with family and additional coverage options.
- We suggest, no, we insist you try our signature dish.
- First of all Topeka's overall cost of living index is 91, more than 10 percent below the national urban area average, particularly in the housing market which is 83.
- Since 1946, the staff of the Colmery-O'Neil VA Medical Center has been serving veterans.
- Also, the select will provide patient care in accordance with professional standards, core values and commitment to service excellence.
- Neighborhoods, schools, civic and cultural activities, economic incentives and a WE CAN DO That attitude combine to make Topeka one of the best small metros in the United States.
- Ask your recruiter about the Education Debt Reduction Program.
- Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BLS/CPR) required.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Basic Benefits Plan ( pension ).
- OUR Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
- Big league sports fans and shop-aholics alike are right at home in KC.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Vaekhcs provides care to approximately 36,000 veterans.
- Why Topeka?
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay.
- Just a short hour to Kansas City.
- You will be responsible for providing primary care for a diverse group of veterans.
- Work Schedule: Traditional/non-traditional shifts.
- Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country.
This perm job opening was posted
11 days ago