Internal Medicine Jobs in Missouri
Monday · October 23, 2017
1 Job in The Ozark State
Photo: Saint Louis Arch behind Busch Stadium.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Topeka) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- We are a 1c facility with multispecialty inpatient, community living center, and domiciliary.
- The Capital District Project to revitalize downtown is more than just a fresh face on buildings and infrastructure.
- We suggest, no, we insist you try our signature dish.
- You will be responsible for providing primary care for a diverse group of veterans.
- With over 30,000 people working in the downtown area daily, there's opportunity for new businesses, retail, restaurants, events and so much more!
- Enjoy some BBQ.
- Just last year, Kiplinger Finance Magazine designated Topeka one of the top ten cities for the next decade.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Topeka, KS.
- Food, museums, movies, clubs-every type of entertainment.
- Board Eligibility in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Vaekhcs provides care to approximately 36,000 veterans.
- Neighborhoods, schools, civic and cultural activities, economic incentives and a WE CAN DO That attitude combine to make Topeka one of the best small metros in the United States.
- The arts are alive and well in Topeka with over 20 galleries, myriad performing and visual artists show casing their work during First Friday Art Walk events, to the Noto Arts District that offers studio space and display opportunities in a collaborative environment.
- Barbeque-something KC does better than the rest.
- It's an attitude that downtown is the place to be for events, parades, gatherings, meals and living.
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Bright and energetic young professionals find a community ready to welcome their talents and involvement.
- Museums and local art galleries, ballet and opera, Broadway shows, contemporary and classic art - you'll find a sophisticated and metropolitan environment in Kansas City.
- Veteran population in these counties totals over 104,000.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay.
- Topeka boasts quality schools, friendly people, good hospitals, a university and -- one of its biggest selling points -- low housing costs.
- Why Topeka?
- Vaekhcs's primary service area consists of 39 counties in Kansas and Missouri.
- Recruitment/Relocation incentives may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
- PCS (moving expenses) may be authorized for highly qualified individuals.
- The Colmery-O'Neil VA Medical Center is part of the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System (Vaekhcs) and is located in Topeka, KS.
- You will contribute to the achievement of quality care standards, write orders for diagnostic testing, prescribe medications, consult with specialty services and utilize computerized/electronic medical records.
- Night or day, Topeka's got it all!
- Health Insurance.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- With a newly revitalized downtown urban core, & explosive suburban growth, not to mention college town sand historic main streets, your weekends will fill up quickly.
- After all, KC is ranked a "Best BBQ City" in America 2012, according to Food& Wine Magazine.
- Dental & Vision.
- Big league sports fans and shop-aholics alike are right at home in KC.
- OUR Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
- Something fun or interesting is always happening in Topeka.
- Work Schedule: Traditional/non-traditional shifts.
- Clinical duties include providing primary care medical services in outpatient clinics.
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Kansas City, with its big city amenities, is also readily accessible.
- Term life insurance with family and additional coverage options.
- We consider it our privilege to serve your health care needs in any way we can.
- Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country.
- The Topeka VA is an easy 30 minute commute to Lawrence, KS, home of The University of Kansas with a dynamic college town atmosphere.
- Social Security benefits.
- Since 1946, the staff of the Colmery-O'Neil VA Medical Center has been serving veterans.
- Basic Benefits Plan ( pension ).
- Just a short hour to Kansas City.
- The employee shall participate in activities of the Vamc that are designed to meet the requirements of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (The Joint Commission) and other regulatory agencies as they apply to the position.
- Duties also may include the supervision and training of additional clinical staff and responsibilities may include supervision of a mid-level provider.
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Internal or Family Medicine is preferred.
- Today, we proudly serve our nation's veterans with excellent health care as part of the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System (Vaekhcs).
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave.
- Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BLS/CPR) required.
- Ask your recruiter about the Education Debt Reduction Program.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Also, the select will provide patient care in accordance with professional standards, core values and commitment to service excellence.
- First of all Topeka's overall cost of living index is 91, more than 10 percent below the national urban area average, particularly in the housing market which is 83.
- Preferred Experience: Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- With over 1,700 employees and an annual operating budget in excess of $250,000,000 the Vaekhcs proudly serves over 36,000 veterans with 2 VA Medical Centers in Leavenworth and Topeka and 9 regional Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
- There's new energy and a new outlook in Topeka!
This perm job opening was posted
4 weeks ago