Internal Medicine Jobs in Missouri
Tuesday · June 19, 2018
1 Job in The Ozark State
Photo: Saint Louis Arch behind Busch Stadium.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Leavenworth) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Recruitment/Relocation incentives may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
- You will contribute to the achievement of quality care standards, write orders for diagnostic testing, prescribe medications, take calls for inpatient coverage, consult with specialty services and utilize computerized/electronic medical records.
- 10 Federal holidays per year with pay.
- We are a 1c facility with multispecialty inpatient, community living center, and domiciliary.
- With over 1,700 employees and an annual operating budget in excess of $250,000,000 the Vaekhcs proudly serves over 36,000 veterans with 2 VA Medical Centers in Leavenworth and Topeka and 9 regional Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
- Term life insurance with family and additional coverage options.
- Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- The Dwight D. Eisenhower VA Medical Center is part of the VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System (Vaekhcs) and is located in Leavenworth, KS.
- You will be responsible for providing primary care for a diverse group of veterans.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave.
- Also, the select will provide patient care in accordance with professional standards, core values and commitment to service excellence.
- Dental & Vision.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Leavenworth, KS.
- Work Schedule: Traditional/non-traditional shifts.
- The employee shall participate in activities of the Vamc that are designed to meet the requirements of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (The Joint Commission) and other regulatory agencies as they apply to the position.
- Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BLS/CPR) required.
- Ask your recruiter about the Education Debt Reduction Program.
- Board Eligibility in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Clinical duties include providing primary care medical services in outpatient clinics, providing inpatient/emergency care, providing inpatient/outpatient coverage.
- 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses.
- Health Insurance.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Internal or Family Medicine is preferred.
- 13 Days paid sick leave each year.
- Duties also may include the supervision and training of additional clinical staff and responsibilities may include supervision of a mid-level provider.
- Preferred Experience: Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- Social Security benefits.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Basic Benefits Plan ( pension ).
This perm job opening was posted
6 days ago